Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Shadowed Thoughts of Silas McBane, Ep. #12


A Blank Page

Why, you ask, is the normally loquacious Silas a blank page?  Well, I suppose I just am.  Either I’m fresh out of ideas for today or there are far too many random, inane thoughts scrambling about my head to wrangle one and wrestle it into literary submission.  Perhaps I lack the focus or energy to be creative today.  I think I just plain old don’t feel like writing this thing at this particular moment.  But…I gave my word.  Not only that, I signed a contract.  My dad told me once, “If you don’t have your word, you don’t have anything.”  So, I’m keeping my word.  True, I’m not giving 100% here, which is something my dad would be less than impressed with. 

I remember when my dad taught me how to throw a baseball.  That was fantastic.  I’ve been a huge baseball fan my whole life.  Most sports, in fact, I’m very fond of.  Weird stuff for a goth, I know.  Don’t get worked up.  I still wear black.

I bought three plain black t-shirts for $3 each a couple days ago.  I was astounded by the deal I got on those, especially considering they fit so very well.  I would have given $4 for them!  That’s how much I like them.  They go well with my shoes.

You know, a comfortable pair of shoes is one of life’s simple pleasures, don’t you think?  A really cool-looking AND comfortable pair of shoes is the Holy Grail of footwear, in my opinion.

I watched Indiana Jones the other day.  You know, the one where he’s with his dad and he’s searching for the Holy Grail?  That was a great movie.  I can’t help but watch the Indiana Jones movies every time they’re on T.V.

On T.V. tonight is the MLB All-Star Game, which I’m extremely excited about.  I’ve been a huge baseball fan my whole life.  Did I ever tell you about the time my dad taught me to throw a baseball…?


-Silas McBane

Check out more Gothic thoughts at DarkestGoth Magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment