Friday, July 6, 2012

The Shadowed Thoughts of Silas McBane, Ep. #11

Making Sense of it All
 
 If this particular article came with a disclaimer, it would read:  Warning—the following article contains varying degrees of random thoughts, incoherent rants and bizarre musings.  I guess I have a lot of weird stuff that goes through my mind.  This is my space.  I can write whatever I like.  Here I go…

 How does erasable ink work?  Isn't it weird?  I mean, it's ink, but a pencil eraser removes it from paper.  But it isn't a pencil! 

 Magnets.  They are the strangest things I've ever seen and I could play with them for hours.  Facing each other in one direction, they shoot towards each other like rockets.  Turn one over, and they repel each other!  It's like they have split personalities!

 There are so many varieties of cheese out there that I fear I will live my entire life without getting to sample most of them.  This makes Silas very, very sad.  Please send me strange, interesting, delicious cheeses.

 I love my cat.  She is everything a cat should be.  She never listens to me, she doesn't approach when called, she scratches up my stuff and she irritates my friends.  She's the perfect pet.

 I don't understand how mean people function.

 I need many, many more guitars.

 The weather where I live is so strange.  It has a mind.  It thinks.  It plans…for my barbecues.

 I miss the days where there was no internet, no cell phones, no 5,000,000 channels on television, school books with questionable material, friendly neighbors, cheap fuel and healthy churches.

 For every single piece of meat on a crappy (non-Philadelphia) Philly cheesesteak sandwich, it seems there are three times as many onions or peppers.  Don't get me wrong, I love the onions and peppers.  But my soul craves the cheesesteak.

 Finally, it occurs to me what an honor it is that you read my silly little articles.  I think you are brilliant, beautiful, strong, special and amazing.  Every human I see, I don't see just what I'm looking at.  I see a shooting star ready to launch.

 -Silas McBane

No comments:

Post a Comment